Friday, October 14, 2005

LAUGHABLE

"I put the squeeze on her old man -- and then he is supposed to put the squeeze on her. Doesn't she know how things work around here?!?"

It speaks volumes about the nature of Donald Stephens -- and business as usual in Illinois -- that he thinks his tale of Lisa Madigan's apparent political independence from her father somehow tarnishes her reputation.

From your Chicago Tribune:
Stephens blasted comments made last year by Illinois Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, who said he has ties to organized crime. He acknowledged that in the days after Madigan made the public comments he complained to Madigan's father, Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan, a Chicago Democrat.

"I said, 'What's wrong with your daughter? I mean she knows that I'm not associated with [the mob].' He said, 'Don, I can't do anything with her,'" Stephens said.

"I told him, 'Michael, if I'm an associate of crime syndicate hoodlums, so are you because you associate with me.' And he says, 'You know what? You're right.' He's been a guest in my home."

A spokesman for Michael Madigan declined to comment Wednesday.
She should make that story the centerpiece of her campaign for governor.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive