Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Just Like Thinking About a "Bush Post-Presidency"

Number 19 of 20 reasons I think you gotta read The [Tuesday] Papers at The Beachwood Reporter:
I haven't seen Al Gore's new movie, but whatever you think of him he is enormously smart and talented. Can you imagine George W. Bush making a movie? Or starting a TV network? Or having a coherent policy discussion? What will a Bush post-presidency look like? It's hard to imagine him doing much of anything except sitting on a couple corporate boards or being the commissioner of Major League Baseball one day - and bungling that job too. He certainly isn't capable of writing his own book.

Maybe he can join the military and learn a trade.
Barack Obama and George Bush meet in the hallway of the Capital.
"Hey 'Rac,'" says Bush, "What are you up to?"
"Working hard," Obama replies. "I've got to finish my book by the end of June."
"I hope to finish my book in June too," says Bush. "What book are you reading?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the Beachwood Reporter being a must-read. Rhodes is intelligent, witty, and has a good eye on the b.s. most folks don't notice.
He's doing what I'd love to do if I had the time, money, or talent!

Followers

Blog Archive