Let me see if I have this straight:
First, Mr. Bush said we must invade Iraq because the United States was threatened by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.
Then when no WMDs were found, Mr. Bush said the invasion of Iraq was to liberate the Iraqis from Hussein's unquestionably oppressive regime.
Now, because the Iraqi people have not greeted U.S. troops as liberators, Mr. Bush's people in Iraq are placing members of Hussein's own army in charge of security for the Falujah region. And those Iraqi troops will be lead by one of Saddam's top generals.
Since he is now permitting the return to power of Saddam's military, Mr. Bush had better start developing yet another new rationale to justify his invasion of Iraq.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)
- Bush Places Hussein Military in Charge in Iraq
- Invasion of Privacy or Evasion of Scrutiny
- George Bush's Tough Week pt. 2
- George Bush's Tough Week
- A Double-Edged Sword
- Iraq is no Vietnam
- Givin' it to you straight.
- Cheney: Let us rid ourselves of the fiction that l...
- Tavis Smiley Interviews Barack Obama on NPR and PB...
- ▼ April (9)