Friday, April 01, 2005

WHO KNEW?

I read this in the Chicago Tribune, so I don't think it is an April Fools joke:
Cabdrivers who talk on cell phones while they give rides soon will face steeper fines and longer suspensions, Chicago officials said Thursday.

The city forbids taxi drivers from using cell phones when transporting passengers, and violators will be hit with fines of as much as $750.
The city forbids cabbies from talking on the cell phone when giving rides?!?

Anyone who has taken more than two cab rides in the city knows that this must be the least enforced ordinance in Chicago history. Or perhaps the second least enforced.

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I rode in a cab where the driver was chattering away on his cell phone I'd be a quadrillionare!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive