Wednesday, October 03, 2007

How Low Can Cyst-Boy Go?

Rush Limbaugh has compared Brian McGough, the wounded Iraq war vet who appears in this ad, to a suicide bomber.

Limbaugh compared a U.S. military veteran to a suicide bomber.

But don't take it from a left-wing nut-job like me. Take it from the right-wing nut-jobs at FoxNews.com:
"This is such a blatant use of a valiant combat veteran, lying to him about what I said and then strapping those lies to his belt, sending him out via the media and a TV ad to walk into as many people as he can walk into. This man will always be a hero to this country with everyone. Whoever pumped him full of these lies about what I said and embarrassed him with this ad has betrayed him, they aren't hurting me they are betraying this soldier," Limbaugh said.
Mark Silva of your Chicago Tribune notes why this is even more disgusting that it seems at first glance: It was an actual suicide bomber who had attacked Brian McGough, injuring his brain and earning him a Purple Heart.

Brian McGough showed his warrior spirit in his response:
So, Rush Limbaugh called me a "suicide bomber." More slander from the high and mighty sitting in his chair nursing the boils on his ass. I can assure you that I am no suicide bomber and that I can think for myself. ***

I spent over a week on a side of a mountain in Afghanistan during Operation Anaconda. I received The Bronze Star medal for my actions during that battle. I crossed the border into Iraq with the first wave of the 101st Airborne. I sustained an open head injury on the streets of Mosul after a vehicle borne IED exploded next to the vehicle I was riding in. I have seen the aftermath of a real suicide bomber. I had loved ones who died in the 9/11 attacks. I have friends and colleagues who returned from the war in body bags.

How dare you call someone like me a phony soldier and a suicide bomber? In the commercial I just taped, I told you unless you had the guts to say something to my face, stop telling lies about my service. Well you haven’t had the guts to say it to my face, but I am waiting and the offer is still on the table.

Rush Limbaugh never spent any time in the trenches, so maybe he never learned the First Rule of Holes.

Still, you would think that Limbaugh, who ducked service in Vietnam due to a boil on his butt, would understand that when you have opened a painful and oozing wound, stop picking at it.

2 comments:

me said...

Purple hearts have about as much meaning as band-aids, remember?

Anonymous said...

I love how he complains about the ad but hasn't actually seen it.

Followers

Blog Archive