The following strip was replaced with a substitute from 2002 which bore this explanation: "Today's Get Fuzzy strip does not meet our standards for taste"
While I did not find the above strip funny -- the primary consideration for a comic strip -- I think it is odd that the Tribune would ban it on those grounds when the Tribune continues to publish Out of the Gene Pool where "taste" doesn't seem to be a high priority.
UPDATE: A deep thinker has suggested that the Trib's "standards for taste" were violated, not by whatever actions are taking place below the second panel, but by gratuitously using the "Thumbs Up" catch-phrase of Sun-Times columnists Ebert and Roper.
Sneedlings . . . This theory will be tested next week when Blondie is scheduled to deliver the Upshot, Buckshot, and Backshot from Tipsville.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)
- RED CROSS: U.S. TACTICS AMOUNT TO TORTURE
- BABY "ELEPHANT" STEPS
- BLAGO-MOJO REVISITED
- TRIB YANKS FUZZY
- THE EFFICIENCY OF PRIVATIZATION
- TRIBUNE HAS OBAMA/LETTERMAN SPOILERS
- BLAGO-MOJO DECONSTRUCTED
- OH... CRAP!
- BARACK OBAMA ON THE CBS EARLY SHOW
- STOP FIGHTING WITH YOUR FATHER
- DON'T THINK *LIKE* AN ELEPHANT!
- THE CURSE REMAINS
- THE PRESIDENTIAL YACHT
- OBAMA TIED FOR SECOND
- REPUBLICAN PRIORITIES
- REPUBLICANS CHANGE STORY ON IRS SPYING
- DREAM CHILD OF JOE McCARTHY AND J. EDGAR HOOVER
- DUBYA THE MOVIE.
- DOCTOR'S ADVICE
- REPEALING THE 20th CENTURY
- THE STAIN OF KEYES
- THREE CRANKS: 1, FIRST AMENDMENT: 0
- NEW ANTI-OBAMA BLOG
- OBAMA ON ELECTION "IRREGULARITIES"
- YASSER, WE HARDLY KNEW YE
- OBAMA ISN'T THE ONLY NEW SENATOR?
- THE HILARITY OF FORCED PROSTITUTION
- WORD ON NEW OBAMA BOOK
- BEST BUY DOES NOT LOVE YOU
- LIBERAL SO-CALLED "MORAL VALUES"
- Obama visits capitol in capital to resign Senate s...
- OBAMA ON VALUES AND FRAMING
- "CALL ON GOD, BUT ROW AWAY FROM THE ROCKS"
- Chin Up.
- HE WOULD NEVER VISIT SPRINGFIELD AGAIN
- EVEN NOW, THE WHEEL OF KARMA IS TURNING
- NO SELL OUT
- MOURNING HAS BROKEN
- ▼ November (39)