In this column, Eric Zorn rains of Air America triumphant return to Chicago radio. In this post, EZ deals with right-wing blockheads who go after him for daring to suggest that there might be room for a liberal point of view on AM talk radio.
One of EZ's correspondents, Chuck G said, "Air America is toast for one simple reason - NPR. Liberals already have their very own radio network, and it's even subsidized by the taxpayers (just as they would like). Conservative talk radio has to compete in the marketplace (as all media should)."
So just how much does WLS-AM (the home of free-market loving, reactionary talk hosts) pay the U.S. tax-payers to use the public's air-waves to sell millions of dollars in advertising?
Golly gee -- who's media is taxpayer subsidized now?
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- CHENEY OFFENDED BY HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS
- THE COST OF WAR AND THE PRICE OF FAILURE
- MEMORIAL DAY
- I'LL GLADLY PAY YOU TUESDAY FOR THE LIFETIME APPOI...
- HRW: U.S. PRISONER ABUSE OF U.S. CITIZENS
- ACCIDENTAL HONESTY
- 'The Gulag of Our Time'
- YOUR CULTURE OF LIFE
- SO MANY LIES...
- THE FILIBUSTER COMPROMISE
- SANTORUM FLIP-FLOPS ON NAZIS
- "Sentence first - verdict afterwards."
- NUCLEAR IMPLOSION
- MALPRACTICE INSURANCE REFORM
- "Marry me!"
- RICE: THIS WAR CAME TO US
- THERE IS ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND
- SUN-TIMES' ROBERT NOVAK CHICKENS OUT
- HASTERT UNIMPEDED BY FACTS
- HAPPY INTERNATIONAL NURSES DAY!
- FOXES' VOLUNTARY STANDARDS TO PROTECT HENHOUSE
- PUTTING THE "ASS" IN "ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL"
- TUSKEGEE REVISITED
- "I DOUBT IT... I DOUBT IT."
- HOW NOT TO GIVE A DAMN
- "I HAVE MY DOUBTS..."
- TAXPAYER SUBSIDIZED RADIO
- THE MOST SERIOUS THREAT TO AMERICA'S SURVIVAL IN I...
- ▼ May (31)