Three senators have asked the Pentagon to open an investigation into allegations of inadequate treatment — and even punishment — of soldiers at Fort Carson who seek help or treatment for mental health problems after returning from Iraq.more...
The allegations were made by soldiers who said their superiors refused to allow them to seek treatment for mental health problems. One was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Democratic Sens. Barbara Boxer of California and Barack Obama of Illinois and Republican Kit Bond of Missouri said Thursday the soldier’s allegations, reported by National Public Radio, brought up a “grave concern” that service personnel weren’t receiving adequate treatment. In the report, two sergeants said they often refused to allow soldiers under their command to attend mental health treatment sessions.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Obama really supports our troops
From the Army Times:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Happy Boxing Day
- Consider My Christmas Funked
- Jon Stewart Slaps Bill Kristol Around
- It Makes the Perfect Gift!
- Neil Steinberg: So-Called "Austin Mayor" Overrated...
- Just Forty One Percent
- Found: To Do List
- Newt (nūt, nyūt) n. -- "A Small, Lizardlike Amphib...
- "And the people of Narnia will greet us a liberato...
- Business Casual = Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadi...
- Are You Ready for Some Hardball?
- Hyde on Iraq: "I am afraid it is Vietnam again"
- Chicago's Rise Against
- Obama really supports our troops
- Fatman and Littleboys
- ▼ December (16)
- ► 2005 (555)