Back in July, Doug Ray told his Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, Ill.) staff that salaries would be reduced 5%, but that "we expect the 5% to be reinstated early next year." He now says the pay cut is permanent.So don't forget to tip your paperboy.
"We had hoped for a different outcome, but we believe this is the most prudent course of action. ...This was a difficult decision, but one that hopefully will eliminate the need for another round of layoffs and other significant cost cutting."
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
"Temporary" as in "Temporary Military Bases in Iraq"
- ► 2008 (244)
- Cluster Huck: An Identity of Relation Quiz
- Time's Up for NeoCons
- Don't Let the Door Hit Ya Where the Dog Shouldda B...
- Waste Papers
- Global Warming, Pascal's Gambit and the Senior Sen...
- John Conroy on Chicago's Torture Payout
- Where Would Huckabee Get a Nutty Idea Like That?
- I Don't Remember Learnin' Any of THAT in Sunday Sc...
- At the Whitehouse, It Isn't Cream that Rises to th...
- The Cream Rises to the Top
- Buy Bloodshot this Christmas
- "Temporary" as in "Temporary Military Bases in Ira...
- Wait for it... Waaaiiit for it... Waaaaaiiit... NO...
- Activists Assemble!
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)