Hillary Clinton's struggle to keep her campaign alive is being made tougher by a drying up of donors, forcing her to lend herself $6.4m (£3.2m).Maybe Mrs. Clinton will now try her hand at being a Guitar Hero.
Her poor showing in Tuesday's primaries - losing badly in North Carolina and winning narrowly in Indiana - will make it even harder to attract donors for what many will regard as a doomed campaign.
She has been unable to compete with rival Barack Obama in terms of funding since last year and had to lend her campaign $5m in February. Although her campaign team claimed she raised $10m in 24 hours after winning Pennsylvania last month - sceptics are waiting to see the accounts - her campaign has been running with large debts. ***
Her campaign argues that her success in winning over working class voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania and now Indiana makes her a stronger candidate than Obama against McCain, even though Obama has won the majority of Democratic contests.
In Indiana, the strategy saw Clinton ditching her previous persona of wordly first lady and policy wonk to reinvent herself as a tough, beer-loving heroine of the working classes.
The populist appeal was the most determined effort to date by Clinton to solidify her support among working class white men following her victories in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Working Class Hero Has Lent Her Campaign Eleven and a Half Million Dollars
Mrs. Clinton better buy the next round of shots. From the Guardian(UK):
- The R. Kelly Child Pornography Sentence (of the da...
- Is Argus Greek for Stupid?
- "O" My Goodness!
- Harvey Herschel Korman, 1927 - 2008
- DPC GOP DUI
- McClellan to Media: We Play You Like a Fiddle
- Let's not kill the karma, Let's not start a fight,...
- Required Reading for DuPage County
- Tears of a Clown, Parts I & II
- And the 2008 Summer Travel Season is Officially Un...
- Showing Their Cards at FOX News
- A Woman Ahead of Her Time
- Answering the Musical Question
- Assassin v. Pimp
- Like Rain on Your Wedding Day
- Did You Get Your Invitation?
- Eight Seconds to Immortality
- Crude and Rude Flashback
- Houses of Cards
- Wisdom for the 21st Century
- Nazi Punks Fuck Off!
- A friend with weed is a friend indeed! the real cr...
- And Speaking of Rednecks...
- Up Against the Wall Redneck Mothers Day!
- Obliterate = Atomic Death
- SETEC ASTRONOMY
- In Politics 45 Years is an Eternity
- Working Class Hero Has Lent Her Campaign Eleven an...
- Tuesday's Lesson: It's not that Clinton can't eve...
- Dems to Clinton: Turn Out the Lights... the Party'...
- Sisters Vote for Nun of the Above
- Kentucky Derby as Democratic Primary Metaphor
- ▼ May (32)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)