Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"A Genuine American Hero"

CBS2 posted this statement from Barack Obama:
Rosa Parks was a genuine American hero. Through her courage and by her example, she helped lay the foundation for a country that could begin to live up to its creed.

Just as important, she reminded each and every one of us of our personal responsibilities to stand up for what is right and the central truth of the American experience that our greatness as a nation derives from seemingly ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

We will all miss her cherished spirit but know that her legacy lives on in the heart of the nation.
When he saw me still sitting, he asked if I was going to stand up and I said, 'No, I'm not'. And he said, 'Well, if you don't stand up, I'm going to have to call the police and have you arrested.' I said, 'You may do that.'

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive