Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Who Do You Love?

The good folks at Boing-Boing steered me towards the Pick Your Candidate site.

Here are my decidedly unsurprising results followed by issues on which the candidates and I disagree:
Kucinich 77 - No Child Left Behind

Gravel 66 - (you have no disagreements with this candidate)

Obama 49 - Patriot Act, Border Fence, Same-Sex Marriage

Clinton 45 - Death Penalty, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Iran - Military Action, Same-Sex Marriage

Edwards 45 - Death Penalty, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Iran - Military Action, Same-Sex Marriage

Richardson 44 - Death Penalty, Patriot Act, Iran - Military Action, Same-Sex Marriage

Biden 41 - Death Penalty, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Same-Sex Marriage

Dodd 40 - Death Penalty, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Border Fence, Iran - Military Action

Paul 19 - Abortion Rights, Embryonic Stem Cells, ANWR Drilling, Kyoto, Guns - Background Checks, Citizenship Path for Illegals, Border Fence, Net Neutrality, Minimum Wage Increase, Same-Sex Marriage, Universal Healthcare
I suspect that if the questionare was slightly more nuanced, Sen. Obama would have scored higher.

For example, I checked strongly opposed when it came to the so-called USA-PATRIOT Act even though I believe that some key parts of the bill are necessary to protect the nation. And Obama is listed as pro-(s-c)USA-PATRIOT Act, even though he worked with Russ Feingold and libertarians on both sides of the aisle to curb the Act's excesses.


I don't know that I would have ultimately voted with Sen. Obama, but I know that we are not exactly diametrically opposed on the subject of (s-c)USA-PATRIOT.

Nevertheless, the final order of candidates on the issues did not surprise me in the least.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive