Back when I first started voting in DuPage County, after I asked for a Democratic primary ballot, I was told, "I don't think we have any Democratic ballots."
Eventually a competent person found the Democratic ballots, but I shudder to think of the electoral damage that election judge could do with computerized votes, e.g., "My grandson always says you should restart the computer when you run into problems."
Today is the US nationwide "Computer Ate My Vote Day," with rallies across the country to raise awareness of the dangers of paperless electronic voting and the need for election integrity. Click below to find out what you can do to protect your vote.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)
- More Weird
- "Bush Straight Talk"
- At least it didn't say South Carolina.
- I know I felt proud last night.
- Can't wait until 8:45pm CDT?
- Bad news for OneMan
- Lessig v. O'Reilly
- A Travishamockery?
- Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good
- "Only in America."
- Mortgaging America's future? Bring it on!
- Delivery Confirmation Number: 03040370000109310672...
- Depression-era anti-Bush movie
- Evidence for Hersh's claims of child sexual abuse ...
- Another potential Republican candidate thwarted?
- Ebert gets it
- “You heard it here first.”
- Could Ditka have made it a race?
- Red or Blue—Which Are You?
- Do they still have the number for Herr Oberweiss?
- Obama on Today Tomorrow
- Draft Hulk!
- Don't Let A Computer Eat Your Vote
- That's a lotta ultras...
- Paper, Rock, Saddam
- Does ArchPundit Hate America?
- ▼ July (26)