"You have declared a 'war' on the New York Times. That's good for you, good for them, and good for our democracy: Strong opinions deserve strong spokesmen. Your battle will help sharpen a debate about matters important to the Republic." Lessig then proceeds to take O'Reilly to task, point-by-point for an ongoing campaign of pathological libel agaist Jeremy Glick, the son of a 9/11 victim who spoke out against the Bush Presidency and the war. Glick appears in Outfoxed, a new documentary that criticises O'Reilly and his network, and in answering the charges raised in Outfoxed, O'Reilly has chosen Glick as a symbol of what he hates, and in order to make his point, he has been lying repeatedly about what Glick said and did. Lessig's point is that attacking a giant media organisation is one thing, but using your on-camera bully pulpit to repeatedly slander someone who has already lost so much is unconscionable.via boing-boing
Monday, July 26, 2004
Lessig v. O'Reilly
Larry Lessig has written a long open letter to Bill O'Reilly that should be interesting to anyone who has seen Outfoxed or others interested just in the truth
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)
- More Weird
- "Bush Straight Talk"
- At least it didn't say South Carolina.
- I know I felt proud last night.
- Can't wait until 8:45pm CDT?
- Bad news for OneMan
- Lessig v. O'Reilly
- A Travishamockery?
- Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good
- "Only in America."
- Mortgaging America's future? Bring it on!
- Delivery Confirmation Number: 03040370000109310672...
- Depression-era anti-Bush movie
- Evidence for Hersh's claims of child sexual abuse ...
- Another potential Republican candidate thwarted?
- Ebert gets it
- “You heard it here first.”
- Could Ditka have made it a race?
- Red or Blue—Which Are You?
- Do they still have the number for Herr Oberweiss?
- Obama on Today Tomorrow
- Draft Hulk!
- Don't Let A Computer Eat Your Vote
- That's a lotta ultras...
- Paper, Rock, Saddam
- Does ArchPundit Hate America?
- ▼ July (26)