Production on "Arrested Development" has been arrested. Fox is halting production after 18 episodes - four shy of the usual 22. And that brings the season - and maybe the series - to a premature end on April 17.It is also apples and oranges since "Arrested Development" is smart and funny -- and "American Dad" was assembled using ideas found in the dumpster behind Seth MacFarlane's apartment.
"Arrested Development" has been honored all over the place with an Emmy as best comedy and a Golden Globe for Jason Bateman. But apparently, that's not enough to get people to watch.
During this second season, "Arrested Development" is averaging 6 million viewers a week. That's down from last season's average audience of 6.2 million.
And although it's apples and oranges since "American Dad" aired Super Bowl night, compare that with the "American Dad" preview that drew 15 million viewers.
Thursday, February 17, 2005
DAMN YOU RUPERT MURDOCH!! DAMN YOU!!
Bad news from the AP:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- TO LIBERTY!
- MAKES ME WINCE
- GONZO BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
- REPUBLICANS GIVE VOTING REFORM THE FINGER
- ARI ON GUCKERT
- DAMN YOU RUPERT MURDOCH!! DAMN YOU!!
- UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES
- IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO START THINKING ABOUT THE N...
- HONOR AMONG REPUBLICANS
- "WHATEVER YOU DID UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE B...
- TWO CITIES, ONE STEINBERG
- "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE."
- MAYA KEYES: OUT BUT NOT DOWN
- SELECTIVE SELECTIVE SERVICE
- "I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU WILL REFRAIN FROM IMPUGNIN...
- MR. HYDE
- HE'S GOOD ENOUGH... HE'S SMART ENOUGH...
- FACT CHECKING TRIBUNE JOKES
- GLOBAL WARNING
- THE SINGULAR JOE BIRKETT
- THEY SHOULD HAVE USED PSEUDONYMS
- "Gimmie a B!!!"
- BU** SH**
- "BIRTH TAX"
- DIRTY POLITICS
- "LOOKS LIKE I PICKED THE WRONG WEEK TO STOP SNIFFI...
- THE TRUTH ABOUT KEYES?
- "ALMOST ALL WRONG" REDUX
- ▼ February (30)