"You should join us on the 'fringe.'" -- Eric Zorn
EZ couldn't have known that his innocent response to my e-mail regarding bloggers and others in "fringe media" would lead to the mighty So-Called "Austin Mayor" media empire that you see before you.
Although my first post went up on February 10, 2004, the first of any substance was posted one year ago today.
I'm now sure that Mr. Zorn's response was merely a desperate attempt to redirect my poorly conceived rants away from his e-mail in-box, but it was sufficient encouragement to spur me to start this blog.
So if you are reading this thinking "Maybe I could do that" -- or "This guy sucks!" -- you too should join us on the fringe.
Now, where's my cake?
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- TO LIBERTY!
- MAKES ME WINCE
- GONZO BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
- REPUBLICANS GIVE VOTING REFORM THE FINGER
- ARI ON GUCKERT
- DAMN YOU RUPERT MURDOCH!! DAMN YOU!!
- UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES
- IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO START THINKING ABOUT THE N...
- HONOR AMONG REPUBLICANS
- "WHATEVER YOU DID UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE B...
- TWO CITIES, ONE STEINBERG
- "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE."
- MAYA KEYES: OUT BUT NOT DOWN
- SELECTIVE SELECTIVE SERVICE
- "I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU WILL REFRAIN FROM IMPUGNIN...
- MR. HYDE
- HE'S GOOD ENOUGH... HE'S SMART ENOUGH...
- FACT CHECKING TRIBUNE JOKES
- GLOBAL WARNING
- THE SINGULAR JOE BIRKETT
- THEY SHOULD HAVE USED PSEUDONYMS
- "Gimmie a B!!!"
- BU** SH**
- "BIRTH TAX"
- DIRTY POLITICS
- "LOOKS LIKE I PICKED THE WRONG WEEK TO STOP SNIFFI...
- THE TRUTH ABOUT KEYES?
- "ALMOST ALL WRONG" REDUX
- ▼ February (30)