Looking up from the feet of the statue, whose gaze extends over the Reflecting Pool and on toward the Washington Monument, it's hard to imagine that the Memorial was constructed at all. It almost seems as though it must have existed, fully formed, since the creation of the union itself.NPR Bonus: The Lincoln Penny
Monday, February 12, 2007
NPR's Present at the Creation tells the story of the Lincoln Memorial
- ► 2008 (244)
- "Pimpin' Ain't Easy."
- Today's Squick: Printable Cold Sores!
- Hell is for Children
- Friday Only: Free Detroit Cobras Show from Bloods...
- Todd Snider: You Got Away With It (A Tale of Two F...
- Ladies and Gentlemen: The Only Funny Bits From a ...
- Your DuPage GOP: History on the March!
- It's Probably Damned Good Pizza.
- Fake Bloggers: Threat or Menace?
- Mentally Guitarded
- The Bush Legacy
- Toddler: Primo Dummass
- Conan: Meet the Press... For Idiots
- Free Stuff!
- Less is More -- Tribune "Management" Given Stock B...
- "If y'all really like to rock the funky beats, som...
- Profiles in Courage at the Sun-Times
- Canvassing -- and Film Making -- the Chicago Way
- Pickett's Charge: Boobs at Sun-Times Wanted Public...
- I'm Sold!
- Other People's Kids
- Emanuel: It's Time to Make Work Pay
- Todd Will Provide
- Steyn of the Apocalypse
- Happy Birthday
- And, in 2000, I Voted for that Mother F....
- The Pride of the Sun-Times
- Courting Controversy at the Sun-Times
- Video Anti-Depressant
- Molly Ivins: We Must Not Rest Until There Is Peace...
- ▼ February (30)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)