Monday, May 14, 2007
At Last -- My Pain Has A Name
'[F]or the record, I would like it known that I am not an “idiot.” I am a person who suffers from idiocy. Nobody knows what it is like to deal with crippling bouts of idiocy while trying to lead a normal life. The last thing I need is for somebody to make it harder by pointing out what an “idiot” I am. *** Those of us unfortunate enough to be afflicted with idiocy are not grotesque caricatures or figures of fun. Idiocy can strike anybody, from the man who says he cleaned your chimney to the President of the United States. Very few of us conform to the old stereotype of the guy in the dunce cap sticking his finger in a light socket.' -- Ian Frazier, The New Yorker, May 7, 2007
- ► 2008 (244)
- Blue Humour
- A Matter of Life and Death
- A Simple Solution to the On-Going and Ever-Growing...
- Many, Many Questions Remain About Deadly Drunk Dri...
- More Republican Wishful Thinking
- Memorial Day in Chicago
- Sweet: Duckworth May Take Another Shot
- So-Called "Blog Post"
- Don't Make Me Say, "I Told You So."
- Brickhead Stonewalling?
- America: "Stand Back! I've Got a Gun!"
- Maul of America
- Question: Is there a God?
- At Last -- My Pain Has A Name
- Springfield Artist's Family Needs Help
- Suicide Notes
- CBSNews.com: Racists Bum Rushed the Show
- So-Called Photos from the May Day March in Chicago...
- Get Your March On.
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)