Chicago's progressive talk radio station is on the move.And their broadcast, including evening programming, is streamed around-the-clock on WCPT's website.
As of Nov. 26, WCPT will switch from 850 AM to 820 AM, doubling the station's power and increasing its listening area.
Both daytime outlets are owned by Chicago-based Newsweb Corp.
As tipped here last week, the move was prompted by Relevant Radio's acquisition of WNTD-AM (950) and the expiration of its deal to air the Catholic talk format on WAIT-AM (820).
"With the 2008 elections approaching, we're thrilled to give progressive talk radio an even stronger voice in Chicago," said Harvey Wells, Newsweb Radio group station manager. ***
Newsweb plans to move WCPT's call letters to 820 and turn 850 into a time-brokered outlet as WAIT.
Friday, November 09, 2007
"Chicago's Progressive Talk" No Longer a Whisper in Chicago?
Robert Feder, of your Chicago Sun-Times, has good news for Chicago's fans of lefty, liberal AM talkers:
- ► 2008 (244)
- 'Austin Mayor loses temper over Downtown traffic t...
- Washington Post: 'Obama: Threat or Menace?'
- "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' '...
- NaNoWriMo Winding Down
- April 18, 1924 – November 29, 2007
- Trent Lott and Gay Escort Service
- From the Mailbag
- Happy Thanksgiving, Lardo!
- Another Reason to be Thankful: The Presidential Fu...
- Better Fill The Tank Today
- You Can't Spell "Fox News" without "NSFW"
- Blog Post Commenting on Comments to Blog Postings
- "Better to Rule a Hill, Than Serve in Heav'n."
- "Chicago's Progressive Talk" No Longer a Whisper i...
- "Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come for You Granny?"
- Wishing You An Objectively Happy Birthday
- "I know waterboarding is torture - because I did i...
- NaNoWriMo Day 1
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)