Maybe I'm a foolishly sunny optimist -- friends, family and long-time readers are forgiven for laughing -- but I seriously question the actual threat posed by the much-hyped anti-Obama Clinton-supporters.
There is no doubt that some noisy cranks and dramatic crackpots have made themselves and their bruised feelings known to the press. But these people can't be taken seriously.
They are those pathetic souls, burdened with their laundry list of petty grievances, who whine and moan about everything -- "kids these days," "the Mexicans," the new minister -- and complain to anyone who will give them the time of day. Or who is unfortunate enough to be standing in line with them.
If the press was reporting on barking dogs, those same bellyachers would be elbowing their way to the cameras to bitch about the neighbor's lab.
We can't let our candidate or our party get distracted by a handful of serial gripers.
- Sen. McCain Really is Anti-Tax
- Shaddap ya bums! I'm trying to hear the teevee! -...
- Gimmie the usual... -- Steinbook Roundup, Pt. 3
- "Our two weapons are fear and surprise..." -- Card...
- Fear of a Black Planet President
- The Long Weekend
- Romenesko: Redesigned Chicago Tribune to debut in ...
- In the Interersts of Fairness and Balance: I'm Vot...
- The Untimely Death of Tim Russert
- McCain Emphasizes Experience in Major Foreign Poli...
- Make it a Double: Steinbook Roundup, Pt. 2
- Pissed Off: R. Kelly Acquitted
- "And don't get me started about my daughter-in-law...
- Steinbook Roundup
- Now would be a good time to start following the st...
- Harriet Christian Redux
- Rage! Rage Against the Dying of the Light.
- Ask For It By Name!
- Ellas Bate McDaniel (1928 - 2008)
- Harriet Christian aka The Clinton Base
- Rationale v. Rational
- ▼ June (23)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)