The Chicago Sun-Times has entered into an historic distribution agreement with the Chicago Tribune, contracting to have copies of the Sun-Times and 10 of its sister suburban dailies delivered to subscribers by its larger rival, it was announced today. ***No doubt every news consumer in the Chicago metro area will benefit from this "pro-competitive" move.
"Like all strategic alliances, there's value created on both sides," Tony Hunter, the Chicago Tribune's senior vice president for circulation and operations said. "They're going to get better service and they're going to get efficiencies ... and we're leveraging our infrastructure to create value." ***
Hunter dismissed antitrust concerns, calling the distribution agreement "pro-competitive."
"It is in fact improving the service for their customers and creating better service opportunities for advertisers," he said. "We're going to continue to fiercely compete on marketing, price, product promotion and content. We're going to continue to go after the marketplace that way."
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
"Cats and dogs living together!"
- ► 2008 (244)
- Orienting the Map Answer
- Blogging Blockhead Bloodsports
- "A Republic -- If you can keep it."
- Jack "The King" Kirby Would Have Been 90 Years Old...
- GOP in the WC
- Hail to The King, Baby!
- Bottle Rockets in Skokie
- 25 Years of CD Memories
- 60K Bicycle Ride
- The Big Oh-Five!
- Cook County States Attorney May Let R&B Whiz-Kid W...
- Well... A Misquote is a Kind of Quote...
- The Return of The Fighting 51st
- A Very Compelling Argument for the Impeachment of ...
- Tuesday Bat Blogging
- Out! Out! And Awaaaaaay!
- Obama: 15 X 8 is Enough
- Barack Simpson? Bart Obama?
- The So-Called Review: My Podcasts
- The Heart Breaking Tale of Tony Snow
- Don't Let the Door Hit Ya Where the Dog Shoulda Bi...
- The Sex Scandal Gap
- Worst Link Ever?
- Bush Officially Brainless
- "And then follow Madison all the way to the end......
- Still Too Soon
- Action Jackson
- "Cats and dogs living together!"
- Who Do You Love?
- "And don't worry your pretty little heads about ou...
- The So-Called War Against Terror
- Who Are You? Who? Who? Who? Who?
- Guliani Backs Obama for President
- Abortion and a Woman's Right to Choose
- "So good to meet you. My name is Emmanuel Goldste...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)