The FBI is taking cues from the CIA to recruit thousands of covert informants in the United States as part of a sprawling effort to boost its intelligence capabilities. ***Will 2008 get to America in time to thwart 1984?
The aggressive push for more secret informants appears to be part of a new effort to grow its intelligence and counterterrorism efforts. Other recent proposals include expanding its collection and analysis of data on U.S. persons, retaining years' worth of Americans' phone records and even increasing so-called "black bag" secret entry operations.
To handle the increase in so-called human sources, the FBI also plans to overhaul its database system, so it can manage records and verify the accuracy of information from "more than 15,000" informants, according to the document.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
"So good to meet you. My name is Emmanuel Goldstein."
ABC News provides a little something to keep in mind when you meet a very friendly chap or lovely dame at the Yearly Kos convention:
- ► 2008 (244)
- Orienting the Map Answer
- Blogging Blockhead Bloodsports
- "A Republic -- If you can keep it."
- Jack "The King" Kirby Would Have Been 90 Years Old...
- GOP in the WC
- Hail to The King, Baby!
- Bottle Rockets in Skokie
- 25 Years of CD Memories
- 60K Bicycle Ride
- The Big Oh-Five!
- Cook County States Attorney May Let R&B Whiz-Kid W...
- Well... A Misquote is a Kind of Quote...
- The Return of The Fighting 51st
- A Very Compelling Argument for the Impeachment of ...
- Tuesday Bat Blogging
- Out! Out! And Awaaaaaay!
- Obama: 15 X 8 is Enough
- Barack Simpson? Bart Obama?
- The So-Called Review: My Podcasts
- The Heart Breaking Tale of Tony Snow
- Don't Let the Door Hit Ya Where the Dog Shoulda Bi...
- The Sex Scandal Gap
- Worst Link Ever?
- Bush Officially Brainless
- "And then follow Madison all the way to the end......
- Still Too Soon
- Action Jackson
- "Cats and dogs living together!"
- Who Do You Love?
- "And don't worry your pretty little heads about ou...
- The So-Called War Against Terror
- Who Are You? Who? Who? Who? Who?
- Guliani Backs Obama for President
- Abortion and a Woman's Right to Choose
- "So good to meet you. My name is Emmanuel Goldste...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)