Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I think that I shall never see, sniper fire a poem lovely as a tree."

'Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign said she "misspoke" when saying last week she had landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia as first lady in March 1996. She later characterized the episode as a "misstatement" and a "minor blip."' -- Associated Press, March. 25, 2008

Of course, one would have to be deep in the Obama cult to think that Sen. Clinton's confusing "poetry" with "sniper fire" was anything more than a minor "misstatement."

In fact, here are just a few "minor blips" of my own:
  • Filled inside of Valentine card with romantic sniper fire.
  • The University of Chicago denied me a PhD in History for my doctoral thesis asserting that JFK was brought down by a lone poet.
  • As a kid, I aspired to move to San Francisco, buy a beret and a jug of wine, and live my life as a beat sniper.
  • Drummed out of military for providing protective sonnets to cover squad movement.
  • Spent 12 years in federal prison for attempting to criticize Ronald Reagan's domestic policies via poetry.
Sen. Clinton's mistake, like mine, were innocent and understandable.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive