Mrs. Bush said that despite what her husband says, he does read the newspapers. She said she directs his attention to articles he might need to see.Now whose going to tell Mrs. Bush that this doesn't count as a newspaper?
"I don't mark them. We both read the newspapers in the morning, and I will point out different things, or he'll point out different things," she said.
When Bush says he does not read the newspapers, what he means is he does not read the White House press corps' coverage of his events because "he's been to those events, he knows what's happened at them."
And, chuckling, she said, "he doesn't read your stories because he doesn't want to be mad at the pool that's traveling with him."
Wednesday, May 19, 2004
The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations
First Lady reveals: President Bush reads newspapers!
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)
- I will probably let up after the election on Tuesd...
- "An ugly double standard" indeed.
- New "Get Your War On"
- If at first you don't succeed...
- Argus Endorses Herseth
- Oh, that explains the deficit, the failed war, the...
- Ryan Campaign: Full Disclosure for Thee But Not fo...
- The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations
- Powell on Meet the Press
- The Bush Tax Cut and Jobs Plan In Action
- George W. Bush is Neither Compassionate Nor Conser...
- Bush Economic Policy Meets Bush Education Policy
- Draft Cartoons
- The pen became a clarion.- Henry Wadsworth Longfel...
- New Favorite Republican?
- Presidential Trust
- Springfield DJ injures anus firing bottle rockets
- Obama Holds Wide Lead
- Bush/Lieberman '04
- Who Watches Minimally Supervises the Watchmen?
- "Prisoner Abuse"
- Who watched this watchman?
- ▼ May (23)