Working Bikes Cooperative is hosting a major humanitarian bike drive for developing countries!
Your donation can provide vital transportation in economically disadvantaged countries all over the world.
Please donate your old bicycle on
Saturday, June 26th from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm at
the First United Methodist Church of Elmhurst,
232 South York Rd., Elmhurst map, or on
Sunday, June 27th, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm at
Printer’s Row 48 W. Polk Street, Chicago map
Recycled bicycles make a giant difference in developing countries – Your unused bicycle could help someone in a developing country collect a paycheck, bring home food and supplies to their family, or carry goods to market. For many, owning a bike is a dream and becomes “Vital transportation that leads to a better life,” said Working Bikes Cooperative (WBC) volunteer Brandon Zagorski.
The Chicago based WBC has shipped thousands of bicycles all over the world since its inception in 2001. Thousands more have been requested from partner organizations in Kenya, Angola, Ghana, Peru and Nicaragua. Working Bikes Cooperative puts unused bikes in the hands of people who need them. Working Bikes Cooperative is hosting the bike drive this weekend to fulfill these needs.
Interview with WBC volunteer Brandon Zagorski on WBEZ' Worldview
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)
- Barack Obama to Give Keynote Speech at Democratic ...
- We hate it when our friends become successful.
- Obama brings husband's campaign to Coles County
- FORMER GOV. EDGAR GOES STUMPING IN SOUTHERN ILLINO...
- Washington Post: In Illinois, a Star Prepares
- Not With a Bang...
- Giant Humanitarian Bike Drive 2004 in the Western ...
- Replacing Jack!
- Jack! Free Post
- From October 31, 2003: George F. Will on Jack!
- George... Jim... Jack...
- Maybe He Just Likes Senate Candidates
- Just A Reminder
- Applying Jack Ryan's Standard to Jack Ryan
- Rich Miller talks to Congressman Danny Davis about...
- "I bet there's some bad apples."
- UBecause Not Everyone Can Just Write a Check to Fi...
- "They remained friends after the 2002 election and...
- Even a Broken Clock...
- "One-Size-Fits-All Conservatism" Chafes
- Good Question
- Top Dollar
- A False Dichotomy
- A Bad Case of the Puns
- "Often there's no chance of escape"
- Obama Reverse Coat-tails?
- Why Herseth's Win Matters
- Everything explained in a neat, tidy package
- That was fun... Let's do it again in November.
- Dirty Tricks? In South Dakota??
- ▼ June (32)