Liz Cox Barrett points out that back when John Kerry was being looked at as a potential running mate for Al Gore, the pundits fell over themselves to proclaim how charismatic and exciting a politician he was. Some of the same pundits now routinely parrot the cliches that Kerry is boring and wooden.
Monday, June 28, 2004
We hate it when our friends become successful.
Nick Confessore at The American Prospect Online directs us to a great post on Campaign Desk illustrating just how completely abritrary -- and inevitably self-contradictory -- the press's characterizations of a political candidate can be.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)
- Barack Obama to Give Keynote Speech at Democratic ...
- We hate it when our friends become successful.
- Obama brings husband's campaign to Coles County
- FORMER GOV. EDGAR GOES STUMPING IN SOUTHERN ILLINO...
- Washington Post: In Illinois, a Star Prepares
- Not With a Bang...
- Giant Humanitarian Bike Drive 2004 in the Western ...
- Replacing Jack!
- Jack! Free Post
- From October 31, 2003: George F. Will on Jack!
- George... Jim... Jack...
- Maybe He Just Likes Senate Candidates
- Just A Reminder
- Applying Jack Ryan's Standard to Jack Ryan
- Rich Miller talks to Congressman Danny Davis about...
- "I bet there's some bad apples."
- UBecause Not Everyone Can Just Write a Check to Fi...
- "They remained friends after the 2002 election and...
- Even a Broken Clock...
- "One-Size-Fits-All Conservatism" Chafes
- Good Question
- Top Dollar
- A False Dichotomy
- A Bad Case of the Puns
- "Often there's no chance of escape"
- Obama Reverse Coat-tails?
- Why Herseth's Win Matters
- Everything explained in a neat, tidy package
- That was fun... Let's do it again in November.
- Dirty Tricks? In South Dakota??
- ▼ June (32)