The Marines are banning any new, extra-large tattoos below the elbow or the knee, saying such body art is harmful to the Corps' spit-and-polish image. ***I guess today's Corps has nothing better to do.
Marines already tattooed are exempt from the ban but cannot add to their designs; anyone caught with fresh ink in the wrong places could be barred from re-enlistment or face disciplinary action. Getting a prohibited tattoo could constitute a violation of a lawful order, punishable by up to two years in prison and a dishonorable discharge, Marine spokesman 1st Lt. Brian Donnolly said.
Unit commanders must photograph and document sleeve tattoos to ensure Marines do not add to their ink.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Marines Corps Banning Super-Sized Tattoos
From your Chicago Tribune:
- ► 2008 (244)
- "US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday"
- "They don't play my songs on the radio, it's like ...
- A Jury of Peers
- A Friendly Reminder:
- So, How Much (Research) is Too Little?
- Putting the Dem in Demographics?
- Hope in one hand...
- Officer Pot, meet Officer Kettle...
- "Never hit a man when he's down..."
- Obama, Schakowsky and Soldiers of Fortune
- President Bush's Saudi Allies
- Marines Corps Banning Super-Sized Tattoos
- Sneek Peek: Cover of New Harry Potter Novel
- DuPage Taxpayers Buy New "Philosophical Statement"...
- Just Another Day in Gonzo's Justice Department
- Stone Cold, Naisy
- Reasonable People
- I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream...
- "See You in the Streets"
- "My mind was aching..."
- TV Eye Internet Ear: The Stooges at SXSW on NPR vi...
- To Read: "Everything I needed to Learn About Comic...
- Boy Howdy!
- God Bless You, Mrs. Rogers.
- Our Surveillance Society and You
- Pa·nop·ti·con n. A prison so contructed that the ...
- "Shocked by the Foul, Evil Deed I had Done..."
- Actually Tom, I was referring to the second defin...
- SCAM: So-Called "Answer Man"
- Attorneys You Can Trust...
- Riddle Me This: What Egghead Named this Joker?
- ▼ March (32)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)