WPRI-TV, Channel 12 reporter Jarrod Holbrook had his White House press pass snatched after he shouted “Mr. President!” twice as President Bush greeted Air and Army National Guardsmen gathered on the tarmac at the Air National Guard base in Quonset.And this behavior would somehow have been acceptable if the press had been told they could not question the president?
A member of the president’s entourage pointed at Holbrook after he first tried to get Mr. Bush’s attention. The man then ripped the pass from Holbrook’s belt after he shouted again to the president, who was about 10 feet away.
Holbrook said afterward that he just wanted to ask Mr. Bush how he enjoyed his visit to Rhode Island. Members of the media were not told they could not ask the president questions.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Free Press v2.0
From The Providence Journal:
- ► 2008 (244)
- Free Press v2.0
- Gary Esposito
- Norm Colman: Do as I say, Not as I Doobie
- Cap'n Crunch
- On the Internet, No One Knows You Were a Hulkamani...
- She's as Clever as She is Attractive.
- Change of Mood
- The Canadian Crippler Killer?
- The Sound of Steve Rhodes's Phone
- Hulk Here! Hulk Queer! Get Used to Hulk!
- Summer is Bottle Rockets Time
- Blue is the Colour: "We're all together and winnin...
- "Piss on AT&T" -- A Post in Two Acts
- Beachwood Rebuttal
- Subliminal Advertising?
- "Making of a Candidate Controversy"
- Springfield in the Spring
- Illegit... Illegit, Now Quit!
- Attn: Department of Redundancy Department
- "Never Been in a Riot"
- The "R" is for "Ridiculous"
- Dems: "Thank you sir, may I have another... and an...
- Are you ready? Are you ready? LET'S GET IT ON!
- Is Your Congress Member Hyde-ing Something?
- "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful"
- ▼ June (26)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)