Bristol Palin, the 17-year-old daughter of Sarah Palin, is pregnant and will keep the baby and marry the father, a senior aide to Sen. John McCain confirmed to CNN Tuesday. ***And now is a fine time to review a few highlights of John McCain's family planning voting record:
The 17-year-old, a senior in high school, is about five months along, in her second trimester, according to the aide.
- He voted against requiring health care plans to cover birth control (3/22/03).
- He voted against comprehensive, medically accurate education (7/25/06).
- He voted against international family planning funding (3/14/96).
- He voted against funding to prevent teen and unintended pregnancies (3/17/05).
- He voted against public education for emergency contraception (3/17/05).
- And he voted against restoring Medicaid funding that could be used for family planning for low-income women (3/17/05).