You wouldn't know it by reading the papers, but it's likely that tomorrow a few thousand people will march downtown to Federal Plaza to protest the American military presence in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other places. The march, organized primarily by the Chicago Coalition Against War and Racism has a number of starting points, Senn High School at 6:00 am for the "North Side Long March Against Empire", Michigan and Oak Streets at Noon for the regular, or 2:00 pm at the Adams and Dearborn Federal Plaza for just the protest. ***Well now you know.
March 19, 2005 is the second anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, and this is the second downtown march to mark the date. Last year's protest, held on March 20, attracted about 7,000-8,000 protestors, according to the Chicago Police Department.
Friday, March 18, 2005
HELL NO! WE DIDN'T KNOW!
From Chicagoist, a website about Chicago:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- GOP BYRD DOGGIN' OBAMA
- GOP'S OOPS OPS
- "JUDGE NOT LEST -- YADA YADA YADA"
- "YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS!"
- Away 'till Tuesday.
- JESSE JACKSON JR. REJECTS ALL WHITES!
- VIDEO GAME DOPE
- MY NEW FEEDING TUBE IS UNSTOPPABLE
- FEINGOLD/OBAMA ?
- HELL NO! WE DIDN'T KNOW!
- "WE HAD TO DESTROY THE PROGRAM IN ORDER TO SAVE IT...
- SWEETNESS AND LIGHT
- SWEET 'N' SOUR
- HYDE AND SEEK
- NO WONDER HE WANTED MORE DEBATES
- HYDE OUT
- WYCLIFF: JOURNALISTS HAVE "DUTY AS PATRIOTS"
- KILLING THE RIGHT PERSON
- LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF HIS WAY
- WINNING IS HABIT. UNFORTUNATELY, SO IS LOSING. -- ...
- IT'S ON!
- BARACKOBAMA RESCUED FROM POOL
- A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE HOUSE
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS, PART 2
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS
- THEY SHOOT HOSTAGES, DON'T THEY?
- GODWIN'S LAW NEEDS BIPARTISAN SUPPORT
- TREE FROM WHICH THE ROTTEN APPLE FELL
- FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS
- WE NEED TWO PAPERS
- INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION
- ▼ March (34)