I was still bleary eyed when I directed my browser to Google this morning.
When I saw that they had replaced one of the "o"s with an ankh, I figured today must be the birthday of Anubis, Lord of the Dead.
Nope. An actual search on Google revealed that today is International Women's Day.
The Voice of America headline says "International Women's Day Observed Around the World," but I have to admit that it took me -- a resident of "the World" -- by surprise.
To make amends, I am once again presenting you, dear reader, with the opportunity to donate to Christine Cegelis' congressional campaign.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- GOP BYRD DOGGIN' OBAMA
- GOP'S OOPS OPS
- "JUDGE NOT LEST -- YADA YADA YADA"
- "YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS!"
- Away 'till Tuesday.
- JESSE JACKSON JR. REJECTS ALL WHITES!
- VIDEO GAME DOPE
- MY NEW FEEDING TUBE IS UNSTOPPABLE
- FEINGOLD/OBAMA ?
- HELL NO! WE DIDN'T KNOW!
- "WE HAD TO DESTROY THE PROGRAM IN ORDER TO SAVE IT...
- SWEETNESS AND LIGHT
- SWEET 'N' SOUR
- HYDE AND SEEK
- NO WONDER HE WANTED MORE DEBATES
- HYDE OUT
- WYCLIFF: JOURNALISTS HAVE "DUTY AS PATRIOTS"
- KILLING THE RIGHT PERSON
- LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF HIS WAY
- WINNING IS HABIT. UNFORTUNATELY, SO IS LOSING. -- ...
- IT'S ON!
- BARACKOBAMA RESCUED FROM POOL
- A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE HOUSE
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS, PART 2
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS
- THEY SHOOT HOSTAGES, DON'T THEY?
- GODWIN'S LAW NEEDS BIPARTISAN SUPPORT
- TREE FROM WHICH THE ROTTEN APPLE FELL
- FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS
- WE NEED TWO PAPERS
- INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION
- ▼ March (34)