In today's Sun-Times, Lynn Sweet once again sets sail in pursuit of the man that Eric Zorn has described as her white whale.
Because the publisher of Barack Obama's Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance bought a full page ad in the NYT to tout the books success, Sweet says "this seems like a good time for me to dig out Obama's May 28, 2004, financial disclosure form and share with you details about the deal."
And what secrets did Sweet dig out of this public document? That if 80% of the 500,000 copies of Dreams that are in print have been sold "it puts Obama's check in the range of $392,000."
While that is no small sum of money, I imagine that Barack Obama is one of the few graduates from Harvard Law School with more than 10 years experience -- much less the former editors of the Harvard Law Review -- who made less than $400k last year.
In fact, the average starting salary for Harvard Law School graduates in the private sector is $125,000.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- GOP BYRD DOGGIN' OBAMA
- GOP'S OOPS OPS
- "JUDGE NOT LEST -- YADA YADA YADA"
- "YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS!"
- Away 'till Tuesday.
- JESSE JACKSON JR. REJECTS ALL WHITES!
- VIDEO GAME DOPE
- MY NEW FEEDING TUBE IS UNSTOPPABLE
- FEINGOLD/OBAMA ?
- HELL NO! WE DIDN'T KNOW!
- "WE HAD TO DESTROY THE PROGRAM IN ORDER TO SAVE IT...
- SWEETNESS AND LIGHT
- SWEET 'N' SOUR
- HYDE AND SEEK
- NO WONDER HE WANTED MORE DEBATES
- HYDE OUT
- WYCLIFF: JOURNALISTS HAVE "DUTY AS PATRIOTS"
- KILLING THE RIGHT PERSON
- LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF HIS WAY
- WINNING IS HABIT. UNFORTUNATELY, SO IS LOSING. -- ...
- IT'S ON!
- BARACKOBAMA RESCUED FROM POOL
- A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE HOUSE
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS, PART 2
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS
- THEY SHOOT HOSTAGES, DON'T THEY?
- GODWIN'S LAW NEEDS BIPARTISAN SUPPORT
- TREE FROM WHICH THE ROTTEN APPLE FELL
- FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS
- WE NEED TWO PAPERS
- INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION
- ▼ March (34)