U.S.-led coalition forces fired on a car carrying a freed Italian hostage as it approached a checkpoint in Baghdad Friday, wounding the former captive and killing another person in the vehicle.The person killed, Nicola Calipari, was an Italian intelligence agent who threw himself over freed hostage Giuliana Sgrena to protect her from U.S. fire. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said Calipari had been at the forefront of the negotiations that freed Sgrena.
Friday, March 04, 2005
THEY SHOOT HOSTAGES, DON'T THEY?
Yet another indication that the Iraqi occupation may not be going well. From the Tribune:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- GOP BYRD DOGGIN' OBAMA
- GOP'S OOPS OPS
- "JUDGE NOT LEST -- YADA YADA YADA"
- "YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS!"
- Away 'till Tuesday.
- JESSE JACKSON JR. REJECTS ALL WHITES!
- VIDEO GAME DOPE
- MY NEW FEEDING TUBE IS UNSTOPPABLE
- FEINGOLD/OBAMA ?
- HELL NO! WE DIDN'T KNOW!
- "WE HAD TO DESTROY THE PROGRAM IN ORDER TO SAVE IT...
- SWEETNESS AND LIGHT
- SWEET 'N' SOUR
- HYDE AND SEEK
- NO WONDER HE WANTED MORE DEBATES
- HYDE OUT
- WYCLIFF: JOURNALISTS HAVE "DUTY AS PATRIOTS"
- KILLING THE RIGHT PERSON
- LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF HIS WAY
- WINNING IS HABIT. UNFORTUNATELY, SO IS LOSING. -- ...
- IT'S ON!
- BARACKOBAMA RESCUED FROM POOL
- A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE HOUSE
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS, PART 2
- SUPPORT (Y)OUR TROOPS
- THEY SHOOT HOSTAGES, DON'T THEY?
- GODWIN'S LAW NEEDS BIPARTISAN SUPPORT
- TREE FROM WHICH THE ROTTEN APPLE FELL
- FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS
- WE NEED TWO PAPERS
- INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION
- ▼ March (34)