He was drawn to conservative politics after seeing -- and not liking -- anti-war sentiment on [Harvard's] campus near the end of the Vietnam War.Roberts, "captain of the football team and a talented wrestler", was born in 1955 and would have been 18 years old when the draft ended in 1973 -- but like so many conservatives, he preferred to fight the war in Vietnam by proxy.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
JOHN ROBERTS, JR.: ANOTHER CONSERVATIVE CHICKENHAWK
From your Chicago Tribune:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ONE IN THREE HUMVEES IN IRAQ INADEQUATELY ARMORED
- HAPPY 6th ANNUAL SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR APPRECIATION...
- SUPPORT OUR GUN LOBBYISTS!
- A REAL WINNER
- WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD WRITERS
- FARM AID COMING TO ILLINOIS
- Although I like a good George W. Bush joke as much...
- ILLINOIS POLITICS OF DEATH
- BOTTLE ROCKETS IN CHICAGO
- THE BOTTLE ROCKETS
- RETIRE AND JOIN THE ARMY Pt. II
- RETIRE AND JOIN THE ARMY
- "Professionally Stupid, If Not Worse"
- REVEALED: BARACK OBAMA DOES NOT SHARE MY VALUES
- OBAMA ON ROBERTS' NOMINATION
- COOK COUNTY REPUBLICANS: GAY GAMES JUST TOO GAY
- JOHN ROBERTS, JR.: ANOTHER CONSERVATIVE CHICKENHAW...
- James Montgomery Doohan (March 3, 1920 — July 20, ...
- BUSH'S HIGH STANDARDS
- THE FIRST QUESTION
- FAR-RIGHT PORTRAYS ROBERTS AS FAR-RIGHT
- "A More Controversial Confirmation Process"
- CIVIL RIGHTS MILESTONE
- STATE'S ATTORNEYS PLAY MORE GAMES WITH DEATH PENAL...
- GOP CHICKEN-HAWKS FAIL TO SUPPORT VETERANS
- THE KID'S RIGHT
- THERE ARE WORSE THINGS THAN BEING SHOT
- PANKAU DROPS OUT -- AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
- GOP LEADERS TO METRA, PACE AND CTA RIDERS: DROP DE...
- CARNEY: ROSKAM IS "TOO CONSERVATIVE FOR MY TASTE"
- CLINTON/BLAGO '08?
- AND THEN THERE WERE TWO
- 100% POST-CONSUMER CONTENT
- DOWN BY 17
- OUTTA THE RED
- ▼ July (35)