The Pentagon’s request to raise the maximum recruit age to 42 is part of what defense officials are calling a package of “urgent wartime support initiatives” sent to Congress Monday night prior to a Tuesday hearing of the House Armed Services military personnel subcommittee.There was no confirmation that the Penatagon also requested permission to count the 42 year-old recruits as two 21 year-old recruits in an effort to make up for recent recruitment shortfalls.
At that hearing, David S.C. Chu, under secretary of defense for personnel and readiness, said he felt the military’s recent problems with recruiting were improving, but that additional incentives would help.
Thursday, July 21, 2005
RETIRE AND JOIN THE ARMY
The Army Times reports that this week the Defense Department has quietly asked Congress for permission to raise the maximum age for military recruits from 35 to 42.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ONE IN THREE HUMVEES IN IRAQ INADEQUATELY ARMORED
- HAPPY 6th ANNUAL SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR APPRECIATION...
- SUPPORT OUR GUN LOBBYISTS!
- A REAL WINNER
- WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD WRITERS
- FARM AID COMING TO ILLINOIS
- Although I like a good George W. Bush joke as much...
- ILLINOIS POLITICS OF DEATH
- BOTTLE ROCKETS IN CHICAGO
- THE BOTTLE ROCKETS
- RETIRE AND JOIN THE ARMY Pt. II
- RETIRE AND JOIN THE ARMY
- "Professionally Stupid, If Not Worse"
- REVEALED: BARACK OBAMA DOES NOT SHARE MY VALUES
- OBAMA ON ROBERTS' NOMINATION
- COOK COUNTY REPUBLICANS: GAY GAMES JUST TOO GAY
- JOHN ROBERTS, JR.: ANOTHER CONSERVATIVE CHICKENHAW...
- James Montgomery Doohan (March 3, 1920 — July 20, ...
- BUSH'S HIGH STANDARDS
- THE FIRST QUESTION
- FAR-RIGHT PORTRAYS ROBERTS AS FAR-RIGHT
- "A More Controversial Confirmation Process"
- CIVIL RIGHTS MILESTONE
- STATE'S ATTORNEYS PLAY MORE GAMES WITH DEATH PENAL...
- GOP CHICKEN-HAWKS FAIL TO SUPPORT VETERANS
- THE KID'S RIGHT
- THERE ARE WORSE THINGS THAN BEING SHOT
- PANKAU DROPS OUT -- AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
- GOP LEADERS TO METRA, PACE AND CTA RIDERS: DROP DE...
- CARNEY: ROSKAM IS "TOO CONSERVATIVE FOR MY TASTE"
- CLINTON/BLAGO '08?
- AND THEN THERE WERE TWO
- 100% POST-CONSUMER CONTENT
- DOWN BY 17
- OUTTA THE RED
- ▼ July (35)