Dennis Rodman has put his ink on the dotted line.And if you've always wanted to play ball with Dennis Rodman, the International Basketball League is having free agent tryouts in Grayslake at the College of Lake County on December 4.
Cedar Valley Jaguars owner Eddie Diaz said Tuesday that Rodman, one of the most flamboyant characters in the history of professional basketball, has signed a contract to play two games with the International Basketball League's Jaguars in May. All the Jaguars' home games this season are scheduled for Young Arena in Waterloo.
"He will play two games for sure, the 19th and 20th of May," said Diaz, who has revamped his former Waterloo Kings franchise for a second IBL season. "We are negotiating for him to play two more games.
"I think it will be very exciting for our community."
Rodman built a reputation as a fierce defender and rebounder during 14-year career in the National Basketball Association during which he averaged 13.1 rebounds and 7.1 points per game. He was the league's rebounding champion for seven straight seasons from 1991-92 through 1996-97 while playing for the Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs and Chicago Bulls.
Friday, November 18, 2005
Worm's Career Meets Its Waterloo
From the Waterloo Courier:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Dick Simpson: "Time for Emanuel to support Cegelis...
- DC: 2008 Dammit!
- Berkowitz: Roskam a November Loser
- Charges Dropped Against Neil Steinberg
- Barack River Times
- Barack Obama Imagines an Adult President
- Radio To Be Thankful For
- Lunch and Obama - $40
- Bush in Asia: It Was So Much Easier to Get Out of ...
- 6th District GOP Candidate: "Roskam is way, way o...
- Denny's Special: The Chickenhawk Slam
- Worm's Career Meets Its Waterloo
- Doggin' Durbin
- So Denny, How Was YOUR Day?
- Fitzgerald Indicts Lord Black of Crossharbour
- "Emanuel Should Support Cegelis"
- Half-wit Pride
- 1000 Words
- Plan B - Wing-Nut Fundamentalism Applied to Your F...
- Dan Savage: Rise Up, Straight People!
- Is Torture Justified?
- If Scooter Says He Loves You...
- Obama: America's First Green President?
- One of the Good Ones
- Industrial Strength Bad Taste
- Terminated Vote: Rise of the Machines
- Durbin: Chalabi Is No Honored Guest
- Headache for Ice Cream Man
- In the Interests of Balance
- A Friend Indeed
- Novak: Novak's Argument is Claptrap
- Even a Broken Clock, etc.
- Environmental Round-Up
- Amen and Amen
- What About the Children?!?
- Bush Approval Rating -- 35 Percent
- Sen. Obama Honors Rosa Parks
- Obama to appear on The Daily Show
- Sen. Obama to Speak at Rosa Parks' Funeral
- Wurf: Roskam Defined
- ▼ November (40)