Hiram's post is exhaustive and insightful -- and a must read for anyone with any interest in the 6th District race.
When it comes to money Peter Roskam seems to subscribe to former Texas Senator Phil Gramm's maxim that money is "the most reliable friend you can have in American politics" - and he's willing to do a lot for his friends. How else can you explain, after Peter Roskam publicly offered that he has not had contact with Tom DeLay in decades, letting Tom put on an elite and expensive fundraiser for Peter when Tom DeLay's under a cloud of ethical and potentially legal violations (that have now resulted in an indictment)? It doesn't make it look better that Roskam already dominated the fundraising field without DeLay's money. You can only conclude that Peter Roskam took Tom DeLay's fundraising money because he believed it was worth the price, a price Peter believes he can avoid paying at the polls. This message is reinforced by the previous discussion of the power of donors described on Peter Roskam's website, and more importantly from his actual list of donations.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Wurf: Roskam Defined
Hiram Wurf has posted a probing examination of Peter Roskam's ties to GOP corruption and cronyism in D.C., his extreme right-wing views on guns and civil rights, and his fat-cat campaign funding.
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Dick Simpson: "Time for Emanuel to support Cegelis...
- DC: 2008 Dammit!
- Berkowitz: Roskam a November Loser
- Charges Dropped Against Neil Steinberg
- Barack River Times
- Barack Obama Imagines an Adult President
- Radio To Be Thankful For
- Lunch and Obama - $40
- Bush in Asia: It Was So Much Easier to Get Out of ...
- 6th District GOP Candidate: "Roskam is way, way o...
- Denny's Special: The Chickenhawk Slam
- Worm's Career Meets Its Waterloo
- Doggin' Durbin
- So Denny, How Was YOUR Day?
- Fitzgerald Indicts Lord Black of Crossharbour
- "Emanuel Should Support Cegelis"
- Half-wit Pride
- 1000 Words
- Plan B - Wing-Nut Fundamentalism Applied to Your F...
- Dan Savage: Rise Up, Straight People!
- Is Torture Justified?
- If Scooter Says He Loves You...
- Obama: America's First Green President?
- One of the Good Ones
- Industrial Strength Bad Taste
- Terminated Vote: Rise of the Machines
- Durbin: Chalabi Is No Honored Guest
- Headache for Ice Cream Man
- In the Interests of Balance
- A Friend Indeed
- Novak: Novak's Argument is Claptrap
- Even a Broken Clock, etc.
- Environmental Round-Up
- Amen and Amen
- What About the Children?!?
- Bush Approval Rating -- 35 Percent
- Sen. Obama Honors Rosa Parks
- Obama to appear on The Daily Show
- Sen. Obama to Speak at Rosa Parks' Funeral
- Wurf: Roskam Defined
- ▼ November (40)