About 100 computer discs with 1.3 million Chicago voters' Social Security numbers have been distributed to aldermen and ward committeemen, and the whereabouts of at least an additional six CDs with the same information are unknown, according to the Chicago Board of Elections. ***Can we at least find out if the birth dates, addresses and Social Security numbers of Chicago voters are in the hands of this alderman and her friends?
[I]t will be difficult, if not impossible, for the Board of Elections to retrieve sensitive data physically scattered on more than 100 discs throughout the area.
The discs also contain voters' birth dates and addresses -- information that along with Social Security numbers can be used to commit identity theft.
Monday, January 22, 2007
That'll Teach Ya Ta Vote!
From your Chicago Sun-Times:
- ► 2008 (244)
- TONIGHT: Greater Chicago Caucus
- SCAM: An ignorant, wide-eyed, weak-kneed, ridiculo...
- Bears Hold the Line Against Fan
- NEW: The So-Called "Austin Mayor" End User License...
- "The Confidence and the Courage to Enjoy Life"
- "Before truth gets its pants on..."
- Richard Roeper Reviewed
- Is Five Months Too Soon for Nostalgia?
- Hey Ya Bums -- Let's Class This Dump Up A Little B...
- That'll Teach Ya Ta Vote!
- The Sun-Times Chimera Column
- For the Record - Barack Obama's Christian Faith
- Fossil Fools
- People Leaving; No Time for Chicago
- Daley Backs Bears' Drive to the Championship
- Moss Buff
- Tribune Funny Business
- Your Source for Nakedly Recursive Sophistry
- Page 25 News?
- And His Mother was Jewish.
- The Army: It's Everything You Like!
- Iraq and Iran - Escalate and Expand
- A Reminder...
- This Beefcake Post Does NOT Mean I'm Gay...
- Death = Silence
- Who Knew?
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)