Please, please, please go watch the full video.Max Blumenthal presents
The Unauthorized College Republican Convention Tour
July 13, 2007, I visited Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery, where the bodies of American soldiers killed in Iraq were freshly interred. Afterwards, I headed across the street to the Sheraton National Hotel, owned by right-wing Korean cult leader Sun Myung-Moon, to meet some of the war's most fervent supporters at the College Republican National Convention.
In conversations with at least twenty College Republicans about the war in Iraq, I listened as they lip-synched discredited cant about "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here." Many of the young GOP cadres I met described the so-called "war on terror" as nothing less than the cause of their time.
Yet when I asked these College Republicans why they were not participating in this historical cause, they immediately went into contortions. Asthma. Bad knees from playing catcher in high school.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
GOP: War For Thee, But Not For Me
From our friends at the Huffington Post:
- ► 2008 (244)
- Never Forget: The Customer Is Always Right
- What's A Meta For?
- Feeling Better
- Friday LOLCat Blogging
- GOP: Free Speech for Me, But Not for Thee
- GOP: War For Thee, But Not For Me
- An Unwelcome Revelation
- The Enemy's Home - While the Cat's Away...
- Nostalgia Just Isn't What It Used To Be...
- Get It On!
- "I'd have looked it up dear, but I didn't wanna be...
- Monotheistic Monomania
- Two Eight Two Zero Zero Zero Zero Zero Zero
- al-Qaida's Resurgence: Silly me -- I thought it wa...
- Perjury Means Prison... For Guys Named "Muhammad"
- Spike Up. Taper Down. Repeat.
- Second Amendment Porn
- July 11: Cut, Paste, Post
- Pope: Methodists Suck.
- Republican Elephant Crap Thrills Wheaton
- L'Asshole? C'est Moi?
- Pumpkin Squashes Indie Retailers
- It's Still a Work in Progress...
- Friends in Low Places
- "Stiffen the sinews, Summon up the blood"
- Duuuude -- What if they're right side up and we're...
- Uhh... You got any with Jughead in 'em?
- I'll Sleep When I'm Dead.
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)