Today, the battle for a monopoly on the One Divine Truth shifted from the Vatican to Washington, DC.
The team from Talking Points Memo reports that, for the first time in history, a Hindu guest chaplain, Rajan Zed of Reno, Nevada, delivered the Senate’s morning invocation.
But three Christian fundamentalists -- members of the right-wing anti-abortion group Operation Save America -- loudly interrupted the invocation, shouting, “Lord Jesus, forgive us father for allowing a prayer of the wicked, which is an abomination in your sight.”
Lord Ganesh was unavailable for comment.
- ► 2008 (244)
- Never Forget: The Customer Is Always Right
- What's A Meta For?
- Feeling Better
- Friday LOLCat Blogging
- GOP: Free Speech for Me, But Not for Thee
- GOP: War For Thee, But Not For Me
- An Unwelcome Revelation
- The Enemy's Home - While the Cat's Away...
- Nostalgia Just Isn't What It Used To Be...
- Get It On!
- "I'd have looked it up dear, but I didn't wanna be...
- Monotheistic Monomania
- Two Eight Two Zero Zero Zero Zero Zero Zero
- al-Qaida's Resurgence: Silly me -- I thought it wa...
- Perjury Means Prison... For Guys Named "Muhammad"
- Spike Up. Taper Down. Repeat.
- Second Amendment Porn
- July 11: Cut, Paste, Post
- Pope: Methodists Suck.
- Republican Elephant Crap Thrills Wheaton
- L'Asshole? C'est Moi?
- Pumpkin Squashes Indie Retailers
- It's Still a Work in Progress...
- Friends in Low Places
- "Stiffen the sinews, Summon up the blood"
- Duuuude -- What if they're right side up and we're...
- Uhh... You got any with Jughead in 'em?
- I'll Sleep When I'm Dead.
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)