"To stop the majority of this body from acting shows yet again that most of my Republican colleagues are much more concerned about protecting their president than protecting our troops," [Sen. Harry Reid] said.Currently, American soldiers are deployed to Iraq for 15 months and return to the US for 12 months, which includes time away from their homes training for their return to Iraq.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
GOP: If You Got 'Em, Smoke 'Em.
Late last night, Senate Republicans blocked a proposal to require more time between combat tours for U.S. troops.
- ► 2008 (244)
- Iraq: It Doesn't Add Up.
- Cat & Girl: I Was A Hater When Hatin' Wasn't Cool
- Big Brother is Reading You
- DC's Master Plan
- The Future of Newspapers in a (Pea)Nut Shell
- Black Kids in a Red County
- Monday Buster
- Tribune Okays Shoe Fetish Cartoon
- Only In Wheaton
- You've Been Warned
- Testy Trib Sacks Fuzzy Nut Crunch Toon
- GOP: If You Got 'Em, Smoke 'Em.
- A New High in Low
- CBC Ya Later, Cruickshank
- A Friendly Reminder About DuPage County's GOP-Only...
- It's Your Choice
- Obama v. Keyes Redux?
- James Fallows: Like George W. Bush? You'll Love Ru...
- Preparing for the Fight in DuPage
- American Heroes Killed in Iraq
- Today Only: Free Printer Cartridge Refill
- George F. Will: The Surge Has Failed
- Rock Out of Iraq
- A Show of Support
- Sparks Fly as Flynt Strikes Again
- Thompson: Not Freddie For Prime Time
- Work is Sometimes Unpleasant -- That's Why They Ca...
- Freddie Thompson's Hollywood Good Looks
- Good News and Bad News
- The Mercurial Mr. Thompson
- The World Needs Another Web Comic
- "God, I Smurfed Waaay Too Much Wine Last Night... ...
- Baby Steps, Man, Baby Steps...
- Candorville: The Cartoon Still Too Good For the Tr...
- Hanrahan Nation
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Republi...
- "And then we saw the bull starting to run after pe...
- ▼ September (38)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)