Iraq is Enron, and President Bush is Ken Lay. He's fighting a war with phony accounting tricks. The Bush administration fudged the numbers to get us into Iraq, and cooked the books to keep us there. "The surge" is simply another in a long series of inflated stock quotes. This past weekend Marcel Marceau passed away at age 84. Doctors say he went quietly. Thus proving that evil thrives when good men stay silent. And just like with Enron, the good men and women who are blowing the whistle on Iraq contractor fraud are being vilified, fired, demoted, and those are the lucky ones.Of course a significant difference is that the primary villain in the Enron crimes is now dead.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Iraq: It Doesn't Add Up.
In today's Huffington Post, Bill Maher says, "Stop Saying Iraq is Another Vietnam, it's Another Enron":
- ► 2008 (244)
- Iraq: It Doesn't Add Up.
- Cat & Girl: I Was A Hater When Hatin' Wasn't Cool
- Big Brother is Reading You
- DC's Master Plan
- The Future of Newspapers in a (Pea)Nut Shell
- Black Kids in a Red County
- Monday Buster
- Tribune Okays Shoe Fetish Cartoon
- Only In Wheaton
- You've Been Warned
- Testy Trib Sacks Fuzzy Nut Crunch Toon
- GOP: If You Got 'Em, Smoke 'Em.
- A New High in Low
- CBC Ya Later, Cruickshank
- A Friendly Reminder About DuPage County's GOP-Only...
- It's Your Choice
- Obama v. Keyes Redux?
- James Fallows: Like George W. Bush? You'll Love Ru...
- Preparing for the Fight in DuPage
- American Heroes Killed in Iraq
- Today Only: Free Printer Cartridge Refill
- George F. Will: The Surge Has Failed
- Rock Out of Iraq
- A Show of Support
- Sparks Fly as Flynt Strikes Again
- Thompson: Not Freddie For Prime Time
- Work is Sometimes Unpleasant -- That's Why They Ca...
- Freddie Thompson's Hollywood Good Looks
- Good News and Bad News
- The Mercurial Mr. Thompson
- The World Needs Another Web Comic
- "God, I Smurfed Waaay Too Much Wine Last Night... ...
- Baby Steps, Man, Baby Steps...
- Candorville: The Cartoon Still Too Good For the Tr...
- Hanrahan Nation
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Republi...
- "And then we saw the bull starting to run after pe...
- ▼ September (38)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)