The Yemeni man convicted at the first Guantanamo war crimes trial will be eligible for release in less than five months after receiving a light sentence from a jury made up of U.S. military officers.I'm starting to suspect that the Muslims held at Gitmo might not, in actual fact, be the "worst of the worst."
Friday, August 08, 2008
"Enemy combatant" will have served his full sentence before Bush leaves office.
From the AP:
- This Election Will Be About Judgment
- Empty Skirt
- Alaska on Alaskan Lass: Alas Alack
- First Impressions of Sarah Palin
- This Year's Model
- McCain's Palin Faces Probe
- Obama's Country Closer
- High Wire Act
- Two Thumbs Down for Jay-Hole
- SCAM Reminder: Keep Getting Up!
- Truly, there is no higher praise.
- Bill Clinton Speech Preview?
- Bush and McCain -- Twin Terrors
- Is the enemy of my enemy my friend?
- My lickspittle told me I never cease to amaze him....
- Olympic Taekwondon't
- Candorville: Still Too Good for the Chicago Tribun...
- Burying the "Born Alive" Controversy
- John McMansions
- Maya Angelou Thinks I Suck
- Vietnam Prisoner of War: Why I Will Not Vote for J...
- Today's Huffington Post Chicago Exclusive!
- McCain ♥ Bush
- Blog crawl -- Steinbook Roundup, Pt. 7
- Obama Supports the Troops... and Vice Versa
- Good News, Bad Pun
- Huffington Post Chicago: My First Impression
- A Small Joke By, For and About the Comic Book Geek...
- WurfWhile: Lindy Scott Weighs In On McCain “The On...
- Transcribed: Voice Mail from a Republican
- An Open Letter to John Edwards
- "Enemy combatant" will have served his full senten...
- John McCain: Mr. Buffalo Chip
- Bill Thomasson is The Man
- SCAM Midyear Prognostication
- Sorry I'm Late...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (555)