The story so far: Danish paper publishes cartoons that mock Muslims. An Iranian paper responds with a Holocaust cartoons contest. Now, a group of Israelis announce their own anti-Semitic cartoons contest. Amitai Sandy, the publisher of Tel-Aviv, Israel-based Dimona Comix, and founder of the contest jokes, “We’ll show the world we can do the best, sharpest, most offensive Jew hating cartoons ever published! No Iranian will beat us on our home turf!”But the images are waaaaaay too offensive to post here. Like so much humor, the idea is far funnier than the execution.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Postmodernism 1, Premodernism 0
Drawn! The Illustration Blog points us to this "refreshing response to all the cartoon-fuled anger in the news lately":
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- 3, 97 and Other Primary Numbers
- Tribune Endorsements
- Christine Cegelis on Air America Radio
- "In An Illinois Primary, Three's A Crowd"
- "Go Christine!"
- Tribune: Cegelis Supported by National Progressive...
- "They Are Won By Men (And Women)"
- Getting To Know The Foreign Power That Will Contro...
- Port o' Bull
- Emanuel Honors Olympians
- Big Games in a Big Tent
- Five Years of Magical Thinking
- Taking a Stand Against Taking a Stand
- Hastert Says "No" to Ethics Proposal
- 6th Dist Dem Round Table on 91.5 FM
- Machinists Union Behind Christine Cegelis In 6th D...
- 6th and 848
- "One of the worst days of my life."
- Less is More
- Gov. Ryan Walking?
- Postmodernism 1, Premodernism 0
- S.D. Provides Lesson for 6th Dist. Dems
- Imitation is the Sweetest form of flattery.
- Durbin Calls for Public Financing of Elections
- Let's Lynch the Landlord, Man
- How Many Pro-Choice Candidates Are In The 6th Dist...
- GOP Budget Targets Widows and Orphans
- IL-6 Dem Primary in a Nutshell
- 2 Cents on 6th Dist
- Denny: Record Gas Prices/Profits are merely a P.R....
- "Verdict First -- Reasoning Afterwards!"
- State of the Union Review
- 6th District Scuffle
- ▼ February (33)
- ► 2005 (555)