Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Why Keyes? Revisited

From Dawn Turner Trice's column:
Mary B., of Chicago, sees something sinister in the GOP's selection of Keyes: I think Keyes' selection is much more Machiavellian than "Oh, God, who can we get?" Beyond neutralizing the race issue, I think they want to use Keyes to destroy the future of Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Barack Obama. The national Republican Party is scared of anyone, black or white, with the kind of appeal Obama possesses. I think we are going to see a very dirty campaign on Keyes' part.
The more I see of Keyes just attacking Obama -- e.g., comparing him to a slaveholder -- and utterly failing to address actual issues like healthcare and jobs, the more I think I was right about the origins of his candidacy.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive