SENTRY: We spotted an Arab female about 100 meters below our emplacement, near the light armored vehicle gate.via boingboing
HEADQUARTERS: Observation post “Spain,” do you see it?
OBSERVATION POST: Affirmative, it’s a young girl. She’s now running east.
HQ: Are you talking about a girl under ten?
OP: Approximately a ten-year-old girl.
OP: She’s behind the embankment, dying of fear, the hits are right on her, a centimeter from her.
SENTRY: Our troops are storming toward her now. They are around 70 meters from her.
HQ: I understand that the company commander and his squad are out?
SENTRY: Affirmative, with a few more soldiers.
OP: Receive. Looks like one of the positions dropped her.
HQ: What, did you see the hit? Is she down?
OP: She’s down. Right now she isn’t moving.
COMPANY COMMANDER [to HQ]: Me and another soldier are going in. [To the squad] Forward, to confirm the kill!
CC [to HQ]: We fired and killed her. She has . . . wearing pants . . . jeans and a vest, shirt. Also she had a kaffiyeh on her head. I also confirmed the kill. Over.
CC [on general communications band]: Any motion, anyone who moves in the zone, even if it’s a three-year-old, should be killed. Over.
Monday, January 23, 2006
Hell is for Children
Harpers has posted excerpt from a radio communication transcript between an Israeli company commander and his unit:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- Happy Holidays!
- "Poppa's got a fat nightcrawler of truth for you."...
- U.S. Army: Trudeau's "Doonesbury" Supports the Tro...
- And that's "Billion"... with a 'B'
- "The Chair Recognizes the Gentleman from Blogginoi...
- "It's not a peacetime force that has been in barra...
- Denny Hastert's No-Holds Barred Rise to Power
- Crime and Punishment
- Prince Pete's Million Dollar "Grassroots" Campaign...
- Is it just me or is it warm in here?
- White House Receieved Detailed, Advance Warning of...
- The Miserable Bush Economy
- Hey Kids, Comics!
- Junky: "Rising Star Obama Echoes Osama"
- Hell is for Children
- Alito's Confirmation: "A serious threat to the nat...
- Well, Dammit!
- Frisbie Playin' in Naperville
- Off- Off- OFF-Broadway Play About Sen. Obama
- Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!
- K Street and Kane County
- And I'm sure D.W. Griffith is weeping as well...
- What WILL You Do In the War, Grandpa?
- We've all been there...
- A Million Little Super-Fun-Pak Comix
- "It's like rain on your wedding day..."
- Kelly Hogan on "Chicago Tonight" Tonight
- Attention Hipsters: Silent Auction for Jeff Tweedy...
- Sen. Durbin's Bill Would End Sale of Cell Phone Ca...
- GOP's D.C. Fundraising Syndicate "Rallied Around" ...
- A Message for America
- Are You Ready? -- Are YOU Ready?
- "He may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a...
- And That's The Bottom Line -- Kos Stone Cold Said ...
- Merry Chimpsmas!
- I Am Not A Blogger
- 6th Dist. Robo-Calls
- Sen. Durbin Discusses Alito on Air America
- Band Roster for Austin's 20th Anniversary South by...
- Peace Between Catwoman and Wheaton's Favorite Son'...
- Roskam's Fund-Raising Ties to D.C. Lobbyists
- Young yahoos don't read the paper?
- Tribune Exclusive: Barack Obama May Not "Well Spok...
- Sun-Times Freeps Itself on Wheaton College Story
- Hearts and Minds
- The Praise that Pays
- Right Speaker Fade-Out?
- "I pledge to not waste money on CDs that are delib...
- Fine (Half) Line, The Steve Rauschenberger Edition...
- Northfield Labs v. Your First Amendment
- Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom o...
- Recalibrating Your Sensors
- Swamp Life
- “Smoking, eating and Venezuelan diesel are prohibi...
- January: A Month of Great Music for a Great Cause...
- ▼ January (59)
- ► 2005 (555)