"I'm not a politician," says Coyne. "But you can only sit in your imaginative dream world, where atmospheres and stories all happen to you, for so long before real life is inserted into that.And somewhere a Warner Music marketing director is crying.
"We simply sang about things that were in our mind at the time. And a lot of this stuff that has happened over the last couple of years with Bush and Cheney and suicide bombers, you can't help but wake up some mornings and just want to kick the TV.
"It's time that we said that Jesus, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Allah and Islam are all mystical, magical things. And there's no room for that in a society that is as intelligent, complex and powerful as it is today. We have enough problems. We can't throw in some cosmic entity and say, 'He's telling me to do this thing or that thing.' If that's how you justify your actions, there are just no limits to what people can do."
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
From Your Lips to God's Ears
In the Toronto Star, Wayne Coyne -- the brilliant madman behind The Flaming Lips -- unveils his unique approach to marketing the Lips new album, At War With the Mystics:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- May Day! May Day!
- I Told You It Was Good
- PAC Man Fever
- Keep on Rockin' in The Free World Wide Web
- So I Don't Have To
- Today Is A Blogging Sickday
- "One Meeeeellion Dollars!"
- These Items Are Unrelated
- Your Personal Freedom is NOT in Their Corporate In...
- What Will Wheaton College Say About This?
- The Fate of Officials 'A'
- Design Within DuPage
- Does This Mean I May Not Actually Be Nuts?
- UPDATED -- Wheaton College: The Gays Are Coming! ...
- Fun Fact:
- New Look
- Hastert's Vietnam Tour
- Money in the Bank
- "Greater Asia"
- While You Were Out
- Mass Marriage v. Mass. Marriage
- Si, Se Puede?
- The Atlantic: Not IF We're Screwed, But HOW BADLY ...
- Bush Imagines Victory Over Imaginary Proponents of...
- Broken Army
- Unchecked Executive
- Art Crime
- Correction and Suggestion
- Does this make me a bad person?
- I'm Innocent!
- Cartoon Spurs Taliban-Style Prosecution
- "For A Decade of Sin"
- From Your Lips to God's Ears
- Let the Punishment Fit the Criminal
- Sweet: Cegelis endorses Duckworth for 6th CD House...
- Ohhh... Nooooow I get it!
- ▼ April (36)
- ► 2005 (555)