Background on the Issue: The internet is open because private companies haven't been allowed to block content they don't like. Now the telcos want to make it so they can block what you see.Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Illinois) supports the content blocking bill sponsored by Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas). Barton's bill would turn your Internet over to the corporate telecom companies and gag independent voices with a "two-tiered" Internet in which a corporate-approved content providers would have their services delivered faster.
Come On, This Isn't Really Happening: Fine, don't believe me. Ignore the fact that the CEO of AT&T is on record that this is going to happen. You can pretend that this won't affect you, if you want.
'Net Neutrality': A Simple Explanation: Annoying tech issue, maybe, but you can watch this this simple video explanation.
Explaining the Players in the Fight: It's a corporate cartel with bought and paid lobbyists versus a free market and citizens groups.
Can we win this fight? Yes, we can. Congress isn't that set on giving away the internet. They just don't understand the issues involved and don't think anyone's paying attention.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Your Personal Freedom is NOT in Their Corporate Interest
Lifted in its entirety from MyDD:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- May Day! May Day!
- I Told You It Was Good
- PAC Man Fever
- Keep on Rockin' in The Free World Wide Web
- So I Don't Have To
- Today Is A Blogging Sickday
- "One Meeeeellion Dollars!"
- These Items Are Unrelated
- Your Personal Freedom is NOT in Their Corporate In...
- What Will Wheaton College Say About This?
- The Fate of Officials 'A'
- Design Within DuPage
- Does This Mean I May Not Actually Be Nuts?
- UPDATED -- Wheaton College: The Gays Are Coming! ...
- Fun Fact:
- New Look
- Hastert's Vietnam Tour
- Money in the Bank
- "Greater Asia"
- While You Were Out
- Mass Marriage v. Mass. Marriage
- Si, Se Puede?
- The Atlantic: Not IF We're Screwed, But HOW BADLY ...
- Bush Imagines Victory Over Imaginary Proponents of...
- Broken Army
- Unchecked Executive
- Art Crime
- Correction and Suggestion
- Does this make me a bad person?
- I'm Innocent!
- Cartoon Spurs Taliban-Style Prosecution
- "For A Decade of Sin"
- From Your Lips to God's Ears
- Let the Punishment Fit the Criminal
- Sweet: Cegelis endorses Duckworth for 6th CD House...
- Ohhh... Nooooow I get it!
- ▼ April (36)
- ► 2005 (555)