State Senator Peter Roskam [R-Wheaton], when he last appeared on “Public Affairs,” in December, 2004 speculated that former State Senator Pat O’Malley was more likely than not to get into the 2006 gubernatorial race [ See here ] and that two conservatives running against each other, as well as against State Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka in the Republican Primary, could completely destroy things, from his point of view. ***So send your questions regarding the 6th District race to JBCG@aol.com. I am sure that Jeff and Christine will both appreciate them.
However, we haven’t been able to get Senator Roskam back on our show, although we have been trying for the last half year or so, ever since it became clear he would run in the 6th Cong. Dist. to replace Congressman Henry Hyde, who is not seeking re-election after thirty two years in the House of Representatives. We are told by his campaign manager, Ryan McLaughlin, that Ryan is studying transcripts of “Public Affairs,” so Ryan can decide whether he should recommend to Senator Roskam that he tape my show, notwithstanding that Peter Roskam appeared on our show several times before Ryan came on the scene. We hope we pass Ryan’s test.
Meanwhile, we don’t know if State Senator Peter Roskam has changed his mind on his assessment of the Republican Gubernatorial Primary, or more importantly, what his views are on the domestic and foreign policy issues of the day, and what his ability is to answer tough questions on same.
On the other hand, Christine Cegelis [ See here ], who is favored to win a now two candidate Democratic Primary in the 6th CD and be Roskam’s opponent in the general election, will be taping our show for a third time in the last year. While we have not endorsed candidates in the past, we have endorsed the notion that all candidates for office and incumbents should do what Christine Cegelis has done and is doing, i.e., come on “Public Affairs,” and answer tough questions about the issues in the race. The voters deserve no less.
If you, my gentle readers and viewers, have any questions or topics you would like to see discussed when we tape our show with 6th Cong. District candidate Christine Cegelis this coming Sunday afternoon, please send me an email with same. If I use the question, I will only identify you by name if you indicate I should do so. If you like, please also indicate your village of residence.
Friday, October 14, 2005
BERKOWITZ: CEGELIS ANSWERS THE TOUGH QUESTIONS
Jeff Berkowitz, host and producer of "Public Affairs", looks back at an interview with Peter Roskam and looks forward to another interview with Christine Cegelis:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Trib's Rosenthal Calls Out S-T's Novak
- What's an "Alito"?
- "Aw, that's just drunk talk...
- Parade and Rally for the World Series Champion Whi...
- Fitzgerald: Novak Exposed A Covert Agent
- "Target that Closet... And Fire!"
- Join the Celebration
- Denny's Blog Slam
- Miers Out
- Don't Go All Crazee Now
- How to Edit a Wing-Nut (If You Must): The Word Acc...
- “The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers...
- Soft on (Republican) Crime
- Clearing the Air
- Why 2K?
- "A Genuine American Hero"
- This is for real, you've got to want it...
- Achtung Baby.
- Liz Phair at the World Series
- Cegelis Reporting for Bootcamp
- "A different kind of positive."
- "She once told me that the president was the most ...
- The Wheels of Justice Grind Slowly...
- Sneed: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dea...
- Correspondent's Course
- Did He Say "Cabal"?
- Kids, Don't Look at the Dirty, Dirty Cartoons
- All About the Benjamins
- CHRISTINE CEGELIS ON "PUBLIC AFFAIRS CINEMA"
- "And thank you for the Bottle Rockets. Amen."
- IS THIS THE BEST THE RIGHT CAN DO?
- The Ubersexual is the meaning of the earth. Let yo...
- IT WASN'T STAGED!
- RUBBING IT IN
- BERKOWITZ: CEGELIS ANSWERS THE TOUGH QUESTIONS
- BLAGORGEOUS IS ON THE AIR, AMERICA
- OBAMA TOWN HALL MEETINGS DOWNSTATE -- WAY DOWNSTAT...
- ONLY TWO PERCENT
- And I looked, and behold a pale horse:
- PUPPY LOVE
- DuPAGE SOX FANS REPRESENT
- "WORKS EVERY TIME"
- KEITH OLBERMANN: THE NEXUS OF POLITICS AND TERROR
- GOOD CUB, BAD CUB
- THE [ALL] KIDS [PLAN] ARE ALRIGHT
- LOCKING 'EM UP AND THROWING AWAY THE KID.
- WILCO: A BENEFIT FOR HURRICANE RELIEF
- "Iron-tight integrity and a tireless work ethic"
- "I am not there. I do not sleep."
- CARTOONIST CHRONICLES CULTURE OF CORRUPTION AND CR...
- Rep. DeLay, Lord Acton... Lord Acton, Rep. DeLay....
- a·kin - Having a similar quality or character; ana...
- THE MADNESS OF KING GEORGE
- SENATE: IT'S OVER GEORGE.
- PETER O'MALLEY IS LEAVING THE 6th DIST. RACE
- BLUE LEADER: STAY ON TARGET!
- RAUSCHENBERGER: HOLDING BACK THE JUNGLE
- NO JUDGE OF CHARACTER
- AREN'T THE MEDIOCRE ENTITLED TO A LITTLE REPRESENT...
- ROSKAM MENTOR CHARGED WITH FELONY MONEY LAUNDERING...
- RAHM: THERE IS A GOP CULTURE OF CORRUPTION AND CRO...
- IT'S PRONOUNCED 'EV-UH-NEAR'
- FARM AID REVISITED
- "We hope for the best for Neil and his family."
- ▼ October (65)