"The Democratic leadership was scared, and it's too bad because it has come back to haunt them," Clooney said.
In what appeared to be a snub to Senator Clinton, Clooney said his choice for president was Barack Obama, a brilliant young senator who sprang to prominence with a powerful speech to the Democratic presidential convention last year about his mixed-race roots.
Most Washington analysts agree that Senator Obama, who like Clooney is 44, has a strong chance of becoming America's first black president, but expect him to wait until 2012.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Oceans 11, Obama 08
This interesting nugget was burried in a story from The Australian on George Clooney's emergence as a high-profile anti-war critic:
- ► 2008 (244)
- ► 2007 (349)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Story of the Year: The National Democratic Party D...
- My Christmas Vacation
- Whoa Mamma, bin Laden!
- Wurf's Analysis of Cegelis for Congress '04
- Season's Greetings
- DCCC Head: Trust Me
- Different Strokes, Etc.
- Stevens to Durbin: You Won't Like Me When I'm Angr...
- Computers Don't Invade Privacy and Guns Don't Kill...
- Are You Ready For Some Football Metaphors?
- Rahm: AWOL or just MIA?
- "You gotta keep 'em separated"
- We're Number One! We're Number One!
- I LOVE YOU RUSS FEINGOLD!!!
- Damaged Justice
- He Knows When You Are Sleeping, He Knows When You'...
- Busted! D.C. Astroturfing
- Gapers Block on 6th Dist Race
- A Local Look at the 6th District Democratic Primar...
- Good Night and Good Luck in 2008
- Narcotic Abuse Can Affect Your Judgment
- Showtime for Arrested Development?
- Equality is Job One
- Cegelis Beats Roskam
- The New 2006 Ford Analog
- NPR Bias?
- Quakers: Threat or Menace?
- Consider the Source
- Bush On The Constitution: "Just A Goddamned Piece ...
- “If a coke dealer has your ID -- it doesn’t look s...
- Black Ink v. Trib Inc.
- Oceans 11, Obama 08
- Obama: "Ownership Society" = "Social Darwinism"
- Grammy Nominees for "Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word...
- OneMan's Thoughts on 6th District Race
- Ford Bows Down to Homophobes
- Obama: Iraq Policy Must Be Balanced
- Update -- Trib. Inc.: 1, MoveOn: 0
- Tribune Review
- George Bush Doesn't Care About Blacklisted People
- O ye of little faith...
- Obama Talks to Trib About Alito
- TNR: 2008 Dammit!
- Illinois Review -- Crossroads of the Compassionate...
- Sun-Times' Cheryl Reed on Chicago Journalism
- The 6th District Democratic Primary
- MoveOn: Help Save the Chicago Tribune from the Chi...
- Sympathy for the Devil
- ▼ December (50)